Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer Is Over But Not Arrowhead Season

Summer is coming to a close, looking back I have not spent the time I would have liked in search of arrowheads. Most of my time has been spent getting 10,000 bales of hay in the barn for the coming winter. The haying process has been plagued with rain delays equipment break downs, and a shortage of willing laborers leaving very little time for collecting arrowheads or writing blog posts. Now the hay is in and it is time to turn my attention back to the search for native american artifacts.
Summer may be coming to a close but there is still time to find some arrowheads before the snow flies. This time of year I employ a couple of strategies. First, winter wheat fields are being work up now, providing excellent opportunities for surface collecting. Another possibility is walking the standing corn fields. The leaves are starting to dry out and the bottom of the rows are opening up making it possible if not comfortable to walk up and down the rows. If you try this pay close attention to the root crowns as they tend to push points up to the surface.
It is a beautiful time of year, get out there and find some arrowheads. We have had an inch or better of rain and I hear a wheat field calling my name. Good Luck

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, exercises are very helpful to maintain weight and get rid of back pain. But I am confused, which kind of physical exercises are helping us to get relief of back pain & can we do it at home?? If you know then please help me with your answer.
    Executive Recruitment uae

    ReplyDelete